Monday, April 25, 2011

NSFW: Horrific Tackle on Zakuani

I have not watched this video, nor do I intend to. EVER. But I heard about this incident quite a bit over the weekend and thought I would say a few words about it. This was unfortunately the first of TWO similar incidents over the weekend in the MLS. I don't know too much about the second, though.

With all accounts pointing to complete and utter intent to hurt the player, I think Brian Mullan should at the very least be banned from playing until Zakuani is back on the field, whether that be six months or a year. I remember seeing an incident like this three or four years ago when a player from Sunderland went in on Diaby from Arsenal, fracturing his ankle. I don't recall the ensuing punishment, but the player shouldn't have been allowed to play while he's putting players' careers in jeopardy. I believe Arsene Wenger said something along those lines. He's right.

There are no excuses. Others are left to suffer the consequences of an idiots bad judgement. MLS hasn't issued a statement on the incident yet; let's hope they don't puss out on a measly fine and a 1-3 game ban.

I understand there are some instances where accidents happen and that it's just part of the game, but stuff life this is inexcusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment